Seven Steps to Finding the Best Heating & Air Conditioning Company
Your HVAC system is one of the most expensive and important mechanical systems in your home. With proper care and preventive maintenance, your system will continue to operate at the performance level for which it was designed. If not properly maintained, your utility costs will increase, frequent breakdowns will occur, and all or part of the system will need to be replaced sooner than you expect. You can change the filter and adjust the thermostat, but professional help is needed to keep your system operating efficiently and not requiring early replacement. Finding an HVAC company that is reliable, totally professional, and there when you need it the most is not an easy task. Following are some tips to help you pick the right company for your home.
- Check online reviews. Don’t just review the star rating; read some reviews to see what customers think of the company and the quality of the services provided. There may be a few less-than-five-star reviews; consider the entire group of reviews to get a feel for the values and quality of the company. Talk to your neighbors and friends to get a sense of the best companies.
- Did they respond promptly and professionally to your service inquiry? Do they offer 24-hour emergency service? Do they have adequate staff to respond to your needs? The service technicians should be experienced, well trained, and certified.
- Are they willing to come to your house and truly examine your system before providing a price quote for the needed repairs? Is the price quoted the price billed with no add-ons? Be wary of companies that give over-the-phone pricing without pre-inspection.
- Do they offer alternatives to fix your system? Do they help you understand which alternative is the best option for you? A good service technician should be able to explain the problem without confusing you with technical jargon.
- What guarantees or warranties do they offer? Do they offer a service agreement? How much does it cost and what does it cover?
- Ask about the brands of replacement systems they sell. Ask about why they sell the brands they offer. Do they sell the least-expensive brands, the most-expensive brands, or the brands that offer the best quality for the money?
- Do your own investigation. Do you commonly see their trucks in your neighborhood or on the highways? Drive by or visit their shop. Does it look clean and professional? Do they belong to trade associations? Visit their website. Does the website look clean and professional?
Most importantly, make sure the company truly cares about your business. True professionals care about your home because they care about you and your future business. They also want your good reviews and friend referrals. Most of all, true professionals care about you because they are proud of the quality of the work they provide. Pick a company that can assure you that you matter to them.
Call Semper Fi if you are looking for a heating and air conditioning company.
Other Blogs You May Be Interested In